A Watchman’s Petition – “Here I am LORD, Send Me!”
Jan 14, 2020
Jeremiah 31: 6For there shall be a day when watchmen will cry in the hill country of Ephraim: ‘Arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the LORD our God.’”
Father in Heaven – As Isaiah heard Your calling “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” my response is the same as Isaiah’s “Here am I. Send me!” [Insert Petitioner’s Name Here]
As for the little boy, Samuel, You came and stood by him, calling, “Samuel! Samuel!”
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” – So it is with us LORD – your chosen vessels, we cry out to go and speak for you LORD – we desire to go and be the face of Jesus to those people who do not know Him or You – Father.
As You spoke to Moses on the mountain top, You instructed him and the Israelites to leave this place and go to the Land of Promise – You said that “Your presence will go with them, and You will give them peace.” In the same way, we as your chosen vessels, pray that you would send us out into the harvest of the many and that Your presence will go with us and you will give us peace.
And with this assignment of leaving our worldly careers behind us and moving on with our Godly careers in your Kingdom – we call for the promises You made in Your Word for the super-natural giftings, blessings, and abilities – through the Power of Holy Spirit that resides in us.
Father – we come and petition to be sent out in the same way the Jesus sent out His twelve disciples where He instructed them to proclaim “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” And to “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons.”
Father – we pray these words of Jesus apply to our mission where Jesus says in John 14:12-14
12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
We pray to “Let our light so shine before others, that they may see our good works which will glorify You, our Father, in heaven”
We continue to supplicate many more requests in the name of Jesus where He said in Matthew 7:
7“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”
And with this, we humbly ask for the following:
• For unbelief to melt away in all of our interactions with others on the mission
• To have the courage that young David had when he faced Goliath – that nothing would ever inhibit or cause us to depart in fear – that NOTHING would stop us in delivering the message of the Mercy, Love and Forgiveness – the true message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• To never let our fleshy pride get in our way so that we constantly put forth a “Christ – like” attitude of humility and selfless love in all that we do
• To NOT back down from any advisory in or out of the faith – to stand upon the true Word of God and not falter in any way by misrepresenting the Truth found in the God’s Word
• To speak for the LORD – never from our fleshy selves – that in every situation, the words that come from our mouths would be identical to what our Lord – Jesus would say.
With all these things, we ask by the Power of Holy Spirit and in the Name of Yeshua HaMashiach – Jesus the Christ, our LORD and SAVIOR – AMEN