November 26, 2020
Today in the United States of America is a day we call Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a federal holiday in the United States, celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.
I would like to use this opportunity to first and foremost thank our Lord and Savior Jesus for shedding His precious blood that we all may be saved. And secondly I want to thank all the people who visit, submitted articles, and supported 444News. Without the help of Jesus and all who submit articles the 444News family would not be possible.
Scriptures on giving thanks
• “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34
• “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
• “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2
• “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Corinthians 1:4
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:11
• “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.” 1 Timothy 4:4-5
• “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
• “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
• “But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’” Jonah 2:9
• “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” Psalm 28:7
• “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High.” Psalm 50:14