PRAY AGAINST THE COMING OF A MIGHTY HURRICANE
August 12, 2023 12:55 PM
Handmaid of the Most High
Received August 6, 2023
Mark 4:35-41 KJV And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.  And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.  And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.  And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?  And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? Luke 1:37 KJV For with God nothing shall be impossible. Joel 2:12 KJV Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: Ezra 8:21-23 KJV Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.  For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.  So we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us. 1 Kings 21:25-29 KJV But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the Lord, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.  And he did very abominably in following idols, according to all things as did the Amorites, whom the Lord cast out before the children of Israel.  And it came to pass, when Ahab heard those words, that he rent his clothes, and put sackcloth upon his flesh, and fasted, and lay in sackcloth, and went softly.  And the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,  Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house. Joshua 23:10 KJV One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the Lord your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.
Near the end of February 2023, the Holy Spirit alerted me that something very significant and bad would happen at the end of August 2023. I asked a few close friends to pray for more revelation. On August 6, 2023 upon awakening, the Holy Spirit told me a very bad Hurricane would hit Florida (where I live) and a number of other states with tremendous devastation. I heard “like Katrina” in my spirit.
I asked what I should share and prayer strategies for negating this event or lessening its impact.
Here are the instructions I was given:
1. Call a Fast, each Friday of the month of August 2023 should be dedicated to focusing on the diminishing of its impact. The last weekend of August 25-27 should be a 3 day fast.
Hurricanes are measured and rated by wind speed. Damage can be impacted by the wind speed, and its movement. We are to petition the Father to turn this Hurricane from a high number to a Category 1 or if it is His will a Tropical Storm with:
1) low wind speed thus lessening impact as it passes over land; Speak to the storm -“Peace be still” as the our Lord did when a tempest was rocking the boat he was traveling in.
2) movement toward areas of drought and low water tables, in Florida our aquifer is very depleted, we need rain but one without intensity, so that the water percolates into the aquifer instead of becoming storm water runoff into other bodies of water or back to the ocean or causing flooding in low lying areas;
3) little to minor damage;
4) movement to areas of intense heat and drought or remain out to sea.
2. Protect the properties for those who can’t afford insurance or are disqualified from obtaining insurance due to the exodus of insurance companies from FL as a result of the significant losses suffered by paying out insurance claims on previous Hurricanes.
3. Safety for all but especially for the body of believers, their loved ones, pets and property.
4. Minimal or no power outages, especially for those who rely on electricity for medical devices in their home, that areas affected by outrages would quickly be resolved and fully operational. That there is little or no impact to the power grid.
5. Ask how He desires for you to pray beyond these points.
6. That those who are complicit in controlling the weather would not be able to do so. That each one involved would have a come to Jesus experience or suffer consequences for their sin. “He who sows to the wind will reap the whirlwind”.
7. That those in the path of the storm will heed the warnings issued for their area. That they would be guided by the Holy Spirit as to where they should be during the storm.
8. Those working in the fields of recovery would be able to do their job with supernatural strength, speed and excellence.
9. That criminals would stay away and that law enforcement would catch looters.
10. That there would be designated shelters that allow animals. Those animals left behind would be safe and not frightened but be permeated by the Lord’s peace.
11. That anyone in the path of the storm would experience the Lord’s peace and guidance.
Our Lord has shown us the destruction that is coming so that we will humble ourselves and seek His Divine Intervention. 2 Chronicles 7:14 Please repent before Him and share this word with others so that they will join us to petition the Lord to protect us from the storm. Remember that the rain falls on the just and unjust alike. Matthew 5:45. He reveals things to His prophets before the event, Amos 3:7.
Please pray over this matter everyday, even if you don’t live near hurricane prone areas. We are to be united in our actions to stand in the gap for others.
~Handmaid of the Most High~ Acts 2:18-19, Psalm 37:30
Follow-up: Brothers and Sisters, Thank you for all those who have prayed on my behalf. I have received a modest improvement and I am believing in a total healing. I continue to seek the Lord’s guidance in receiving a total healing and the grace to suffer until His appointed time. He is able! I ask the Father to bless all those who have prayed on my behalf. If you would like to contribute toward my medical costs, please contact the webmaster, Jonathan Theiben for my personal details. Shalom.
Photos courtesy Depositphotos