How to have Transformation experience?
December 27, 2020 11:39 PM
What is Transformation?
It is the process of being conformed to the image of Christ through various stages ( Romans 8:29, Ephesians 4:13, 2 Cor 3:18 ). Transformation is vast and deep subject.
I will discuss only one aspect of it, that is ” Crucified with Christ ”
Crucified with Christ
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me: and that [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself up for me.
This verse should be foundation of our lives.
This verse can be divided into 3 parts
1. Crucified with Christ – Our old man must be crucified with Him, in order to put on new man.
2. Christ lives in me – God cannot sin because of His Divine nature. In Him, there is no sin nature. But Christ lives in us, we don’t sin because in Him, there is no sin ( 1 John 3:5-6 ).
3. Faith of the Son of God – Faith of the Son of God is mentioned in Rev 14:12 and Rev 2:13. It is faith on Christ’s finished works on cross ( John 19:30 )
Finished works on cross
1. Old man crucified with Him – Our old man is crucified with Him and we are no longer slaves of sin ( Romans 6:6 )
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with [Him], that the body of sin might be done away, that so we should no longer be in bondage to sin;
2 Sin condemned in our flesh – Lord Jesus Christ condemned sin in our flesh and we are released from the power of the sin in our flesh ( Romans 8:3 )
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
3 Power of satan over us is destroy – The death of the Lord Jesus Christ brought devil low and his power and rulership over us had been destroyed ( Col 2:15, Heb 2:14 )
having disarmed the principalities and the powers, He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, He also Himself in like manner partook of the same; that through death He might bring to nought him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
He had redeemed us from the hands of Satan and has delivered us into His Kingdom of Light ( Psalm 107:2, Col 1:13 )
4. Raised with Christ – God raised us from our dead works of sins through His Spirit by giving Resurrecting Power to us. He made us alive ( Col 2:12 )
having been buried with Him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
5. Sit with Christ in the heavenly places – God has given us authority to sit with Him in the heavenly places. He has given us authority over all the power of the enemy and had made us an overcomer over them ( Ephesians 2:5-6, Luke 10:19, 1 John 4:4 )
Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall in any wise hurt you.
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, [my] little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
Moreover, Christ redeemed us and restored us ( 1 Peter 1:18-19, Titus 2:14, Gal 3:13-14 ), had forgiven us ( Col 2:13-14 ), had healed us ( 1 Peter 2:24 ) made us righteous ( 2 Cor 5:21 ), had justified us ( Romans 5:9), had reconciled us – Christ suffered the wrath of our sins ( Isa 53:5) and had reconciled us with God ( Ephesians 2:12-14, Col 1:20-22, 2 Cor 5:18 ). Moreover, He completed more works on cross.
Power of Declaration Prayer
God created world by speaking Word. We are created in the image of God. Man is the image and glory of God ( 1 Cor 11:7 ). Our tongue has power. Death and life are in the power of tongue ( Proverbs 18:21). When we speak God’s Word, it brings life ( John 6:63 ). When we declare Christ’s finished works on cross done in past, it create realities of His finished work in our lives in present and we can enjoy the fullness of the blessings of Christ’s finished works on cross which He gave us by His grace.
Crucification of flesh
2 Corinthians 4:10-12
10 always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.
11 For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
We must carry in our body, the dying of Lord Jesus Christ. We must die to the desires of our flesh, mind and self, so that the life of Jesus is manifested in our flesh.
Mechanism of Operation
When we meditate on crucified Bible verses and reckon our instruments of unrighteousness ( carnal mind, evil heart, impure eyes, unclean hands and feet walking on evil path ) to be crucified with Christ, then the anointing of the Holy Spirit flows in us ( Pslam 1:2-3 ) and it crucify all the passions and lusts of the flesh ( Gal 5:24 ) and we experience transformation in which sin is crucified in us.
So when you feel sinful impulses in your flesh , mind or heart, then meditate on crucified Bible verses, to crucify all those evil desires and passions.
Instruments for Crucification
When Jesus Christ went under crucification, different instruments were used. We can use those instruments SPIRITUALLY NOT PHYSICALLY to crucify our flesh.
1. Scouraging with strips – Lord Jesus Christ was scouraged with strips.
Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
By His strips, our sinful nature is crucified and we are healed from our sinful nature. When we reckon our sinful nature to be crucified by His strips, we become dead to the sin and made alive to God ( 1 Peter 2:24, Romans 6:11 )
1 Peter 2:24
who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.
Romans 6:11 Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin, but alive unto God in Christ Jesus.
2. Crown of thorn – A crown of thorn was placed over His head.
And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and arrayed Him in a purple garment;
By crown of thorn, our carnal mind is crucified with Him. When we reckon our carnal mind to be crucified with Him, then our carnal mind is crucified and our thoughts and imagination are brought under His subjection ( Rom 8:5, 2 Cor 10:5 )
For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;
3. Struck with reed – Jesus Christ was struck with reed on His head.
And they spat upon Him, and took the reed and smote Him on the head.
By being struck with reed, our disobedient mind is crucified and we develop mind to obey commandments of God.
4. Bearing cross – Jesus Christ beared His cross.
They took Jesus therefore: and he went out, bearing the cross for Himself, unto the place called The place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha:
When we bear our cross, we deny our will, desires and self and we become humble and obedient to His will ( Luke 9:23 )
And He said unto all, If any man would come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
5. Three nails – Jesus Christ was crucified on cross with His hands and feet pierced with three nails.
where they crucified Him,
They pierced my hands and my feet.
These nails crucifies the desire and things of the world ( 1 John 2:16 )
1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
First nail crucifies the lust of the flesh.
Second nail crucifies the lust of the eyes.
Third nail crucifies the pride of life.
By the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ, world is crucified to me and I to the world ( Gal 6:14 )
But far be it from me to glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
6. Accusing, spitting, struck with fists and palms of the hands, mocking, and reviling – Jesus Christ was accused ( Matthew 27:12 ), spat on His face , struck with fists and palms of the hands ( Matthew 26:67 ), mocked ( Matthew 27:29,41 ) and reviled ( Matthew 27: 44 ).
He endured all these by remaining silent ( Isa 53:7, Matthew 27:12 )
He was oppressed, yet when He was afflicted He opened not His mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.
And when He was accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.
When we remain silent in certain situations of accusation, hatred, mocking and reviling, our carving of flesh for reputation is crucified with Him.
7. Spear – One of the soldiers pierced His side with spear.
howbeit one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and straightway there came out blood and water.
By spear, our self is crucified with Him. The piercing by spear depicts complete death of self. When our self is dead, we live and die for the Lord ( Romans 14:7,8 ) and we become selfless ( 2 Cor 5:15 )
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and none dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; or whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.
2 Corinthians 5:15
and He died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto Him who for their sakes died and rose again.
Suffering in the flesh – We must arm our mind to suffer in the flesh and become long-suffering as Lord Jesus is ( 1 Peter 4:1, 1 Peter 2:20-21 ).
Benefits of Crucification
1. Works of flesh and Satan is destroyed within you – When we reckon ourselves to be crucified with Christ, then Holy Spirit destroys the works of flesh and Satan within you with sword of Spirit ( Romans 8:12-13)
12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:
13 for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
2. Made alive by the Spirit – When we die, life giving Spirit quickens us to give new life that is righteous life. Holy Spirit empowers us to live a life well pleasing to God ( John 6:63, Romans 6:13 )
It is the Spirit that giveth life;
neither present your members unto sin [as] instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves unto God, as alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.
3. Fruits of Holy Spirit – When we die to ourselves, Fruits of Holy Spirit is developed within us ( John 12:24 )
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a grain of wheat fall into the earth and die, it abideth by itself alone; but if it die, it beareth much fruit.
Crucification seems to be painful but it brings forth peaceful fruit of righteousness.
4. Crucified life is an Overcoming life – The Crucified life is an Overcoming life. When sin is crucified with us, then we don’t yield to the temptation and we become an Overcomer ( Romans 8:36-37 )
36 Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
5. Becomes spiritually strong – When we crucify our flesh, we become weak in flesh but made stronger in the spirit ( 2 Cor 12:10 )
2 Corinthians 12:10
Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
6. Transformed Body – When sin is crucified in our body, Holy Spirit gives life to our mortal body to be transformed to live righteous life ( Romans 8:10-11 )
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, He that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
7. Resurrection Power – As we conform ourselves to be crucified with Christ, Resurrection Power conforms ourselves to likeness of the Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ ( Romans 6:5 )
For if we have become united with [Him] in the likeness of His death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of His resurrection;
Nurture the new man
When our old man is crucified with Him, we must nurture our new man with Word of God to develop the Fruits of the Holy Spirit which inhibits the manifestation of old sins of old man.
How to develop the Fruits of the Holy Spirit?
1. Abiding in Christ – We must abide in Christ by meditating Word of God, worshipping, praying and by having fellowship with Him ( John 15:5 )
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from Me ye can do nothing.
2. Abiding in Love of God – Abiding in Love of God , develops other Fruits of the Holy Spirit such as joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, light ( goodness, truth, righteousness) , faithfulness, gentleness, self control, repentance, wisdom and holiness etc ( John 15:9 )
Even as the Father hath loved Me, I also have loved you: abide ye in My love.
3. Abiding in Word of God – As we abide in Word of God ( Col 3:16 ) and meditates it day and night, rivers of anointing flows within us which nourishes our roots to bear Fruits of the Holy Spirit continuously. ( Psalm 1:2-3, Ezekiel 47:12, Ezekiel 17:8, Rev 22:1-2 )
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah; And on His law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the streams of water, That bringeth forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also doth not wither; And whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Become good soil by having good heart attitude to meditate the Word of God, then you will bring hundredfold fruit ( Matthew 13:23 )
And he that was sown upon the good ground, this is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; who verily beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Hopefully, you will be transformed life after reading this message.
Visit the blog
Subscribe the Youtube channel