EXPRESSING GRACE – Author Unknown
Ruth’s life was such an expression of God’s grace that it was an encouragement for Naomi to get her life right with God. Naomi begins praising God instead of blaming Him for her problems (2:20). May our lives be such a reflection of Jesus Christ that we encourage others to get their lives right with God (Matthew 5:13-15)
Ruth let her lips be a testimony as to what Boaz had done for her (2:19-20). May our lips be a testimony as to what Jesus Christ has done for us (Psalm 63:3-5, Hebrews 13:15).
In Ruth is pictured the beautiful example of the ideal servant.
1. She was willing (v.2) Let me go to the field
2. She was undistracted (v.9) Let your eyes be on the field
3. She was thankful (v.10) She fell on her face
4. She was diligent (v.17) Until evening
5. She was fruitful (v.17) An ephah of barley
6. She was rewarded (v.12) A full reward shall be given thee by the Lord.
We are to be the same kind of servant.
Willing – Isaiah 6:8
Diligent – John 9:14; Eph. 5:16
Undistracted – 1 Cor. 15:58
Fruitful – Psalm 126:6
Thankful – 2 Cor. 9:15
Rewarded – Revelation 22:12
How do we measure up?
Ruth was busy in the fields of the Lord of the harvest (Boaz), who had shown her grace. Are we busy in the fields of Christ, the Lord of the harvest (Matthew 9:37-38, John 4:35)?