DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR ENEMY
PART 2 of KNOW YOUR ENEMY
July 21, 2021 7:34 AM
July 21, 2021
This week I submitted a word to this website “Know your enemy.” This is Part 2. To better understand what the Lord showed me go read the first part posted on 7/19/2021.
I had an encounter with baldfaced hornets on my back porch on July 10th. These hornets build their nests in trees (on wood) and are highly sensitive to noises which sends them into a protective frenzy mode of strike and attack. The only true way to be safe from these devilish imposters is to find the nest and exterminate it.
For over a week I have been looking for their nest with no success. I prayed and walked my property asking God to show me. I have many trees and so it has been kind of an effort in futility looking for these paper nests attached to tree limbs.
Day before yesterday, as I went to get my dog bowls filled, I saw one of these hornets whiz past my head. I began to follow it with my eyes and to my great surprise it went straight to a flower pot on a corner shelf that was filled with pieces of wood kindling. As I stood there and watched silently for a moment I saw many hornets flying in and out of this pot, kind of like a busy airport with planes landing and flying off. I backed out of there slowly and began my plan of attack. I watched them all day as they busily flew in and out of the flower pot thanking God that they never attacked my grandchildren as they often play in that area. Yes, it was time to rid my home of these deadly imposters. I simply could not be held hostage any longer.
As the evening drew to a close all activity stopped so I assumed they bedded down when daylight leaves. This gave me an idea to plan my attack at dawn the next day. I decided I would dress up in my bee hat, gloves, coat, and jeans and just pick up the whole flower pot and quickly put it in a very sturdy black bag, seal it, and go put it on a burn pile far far away out in my pasture.
They next day at dawn, I began to implement this plan. I was all prayed up and felt ready to conquer this evil imposter. Everything went as planned. I crept out to the flower pot and gently picked it up and placed it in the black bag. I closed the top and began to walk to my ATV to take it to the burn pile. This is when I felt the first strike on my thigh, then another and another. I hastily ran to my ATV and began driving as some of the hornets had flown out of the bag before I could close it up and now they were following me. The only place that was not well protected was my legs even though I had on jeans, they easily pierced through the cloth. They were able to sting me six times before I could deliver them to a safe distance from my home.
Now, I was back in my home recovering from the strikes, thankful to be rid of this imposter, but slightly irritated that I had been stung six times. Again, I inquired of the Lord, “Why? Why did you allow this to happen? Why wasn’t I protected from these stings?” His response, “You underestimated your enemy.” Then He began to show me the points of vulnerability.
1. I assumed my enemy would be somewhere and he wasn’t. The enemy was there alright and had attached itself to wood as predicted but not to actual tree limbs. So I wasted many days, as they enemy was building an arsenal, looking in the wrong place. My assumptions about the characteristics of this enemy building only in trees were wrong. This could have been a very deadly mistake.
2. We must put on the full (RIGHT) armor, so that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. I had thought everything through but the flimsy jean part. My loins were NOT girded with truth. My shield of faith was not positioned. I was vulnerable. I am now paying the price as I experience the throbbing sensations of being stung six times on my legs.
3. I was all by myself when I did this. Looking back, I can think of so many ways this could have gone south and there would be no one to help me. God is not looking for lone rangers. He sent them out two by two. In the multitude of counselors there is safety. In this last hour it is going to take every single one of us collectively doing our jobs as His body.
4. I never dreamed they would chase me down even as I was driving as fast as I could to get away from their original nest. I should have learned a lesson from the sons of Sceva Acts 19:11-20. I was outgunned and I felt like – 16 “And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all[a of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.” Once again the power of this enemy was underestimated and I was taken by surprise. Our enemy is counting on the fact that he has been underestimated. He is counting on the surprise element so he can throw you off guard. His MO is to kill, steal, and destroy and he is forever working these operations in our lives. People, this is war and until we see it that way we will not be prepared for what is coming.
5. For the rest of the day, I sprayed hot shot, at the remaining stragglers. If we are not vigilant the enemy will return and reestablish his camp. Matthew 12:44-45 “Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and brings along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they come in and live there; and the last condition of that person becomes worse than the first.”
Yes, I underestimated my enemy but I learned some very important truths about warfare especially in these last days. There are no shortcuts as the enemy plays for keeps and if you don’t follow proper protocol you may just end up a casualty. The Lord has shown me there are going to be some very hellacious days ahead filled with tragedy, heartache and trauma. We must live out of our spirits to get through the days ahead. We must not look to the natural exercising our natural emotions or we will be swept away with what we are about to witness. This will render us ineffective for the Father’s use. We are called with purpose and we must not lose sight of what the Father has planned for us to do. Remember discernment is key!
People, know your enemy and DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HIM.